Marine VDR's, like black boxes used aboard aircraft, record and store data to enable accident investigators to establish the cause of incidents. Investigators are able to review procedures, instructions issued and communications in the moments leading up to an incident.
Data is collected by on board sensors and stores it in a CSM ( Crash Survivable Module). The CSM unit is tamperproof and built to withstand extreme, high impact shocks, heat and pressure.
The unit can be retrieved after an incident and the data replayed to help the appropriate authorities investigate the cause of an incident.
Kelvin Hughes MantaDigital™ VDR exceeds the requirements of IMO Performance Standard A861(20) for Shipborne Voyage Data Recorders and the latest data download specification SN 246.
MantaDigital™ VDR Features include:
- Fixed and/or float-free data storage capsule.
- Removable Storage Unit (White Box) allows the ship's history to be archived ashore (optional) allows for up to 30 days continuous recording
- Office PC Playback Software for training and monitoring purposes (optional)
- Integral and optional Remote Status and Alarm Module (SAM)
- Integral UPS for 2 hours for all data items
- USB port for on-board downloads to laptop
- AC and 24V DC Operation (Optional)
+44(0)1306 88 33 55
Back to top...