Transas' Multifunction ECDIS Display provides a flexible solution giving the navigator an easy and convenient task-oriented environment.
Each workstation (WS) can be set up with a standard range of applications, such as ECDIS, Chart Assistant utility, Radar and Conning as well as SPOS weather module. It gives the navigator the facility to switch easily between applications and run simultaneously is one of the main features of the multifunction display.
Easy Operation, Safe Navigation
The Navi-Sailor 4000 Multifunction ECDIS Display supplies all the information needed, making data easily accessible through an intuitive menu system.
Information System and Decision Support
Data is presented in a continual flow, displaying vital navigational information and objects.
Customisation Offers Choice
Practical options offer a range of customisation choices, which include multiple modes of operation and up to as many as 7 formats.
All available on board navigational sensors and data systems can be connected, including: two positioning systems, gyro, log, two ARPAs, AIS, echo sounder, autopilot, navtex and more.
Forecasting and Planning
Powerful tools for passage planning, weather routing and calculation, as well as environmental tide and current databases are included.
Weather forecasting is integrated in the Navi-Sailor 4000, as is the option for SPOS weather and passage planning tool.
ECDIS is proven to provide significant cost savings for shipping companies, helping to reduce operational costs with improved route planning, better fuel consumption, fewer groundings, and just-in-time arrival/departures.
Core Integration benefits
- Navigator friendly environment for One Man Bridge operation
- Reduces workload and stress
- Clear, consistent man-machine interface
- Intuitive, easy and convenient operation
- Enhanced integration of navigational data
- System redundancy - all functions of ECDIS, with Radar and Conning available on all onboard MFD's
- Palette synch in all 3 software applications
- Double network and sensor redundancy ensures data integrity and reliable network configuration
- Efficient and intelligent alarm management
- Simultaneous Route monitoring in ECDIS, Radar & Conning
- Changeover from ECDIS Master Station status to any MFD station
- Simultaneous network operation of two Radar Integrator Board (RIB-2) cards is possible, one for each workstation
- Radar picture distribution from all available radars within the MFD network
Synchronization, at all workstations, of chart correction, route and user database as well as applications.
- Online chart orders, corrections and weather forecasting via the ship's communications station, using CISCO firewall protection.